We use 1 to 2 inch thick pork chops. Thinner ones will do, but thick ones are such a treat! Even if they are a meal for two.
1. Simply measure out 3.77 liters of water or 1 gallon.
2. Add one level cup of Bacon Cure #1 to the water and mix well.
3. Make sure your pork chops are completely covered by the water.
4. Refrigerate your brine and chops for 2 days. If your chops are thin, 36 hours will likely do.
5. Remove after two days, and rinse off.
6. Bake or grill your pork chops for a fantastic "hammy" taste!
You can add flavorings to your Bacon Cure #1 brine. More sugar will make the chops taste more hammy. Pepper corns, laurel leavers, or rosemary will help add new dimensions to your pork chops. Feel free to experiment.
Love, Peace, & Bacon Grease!